Planned roadwork, December 4 to December 7, 2015
As part of the construction work for the new Champlain Bridge, Signature on the Saint-Laurent wishes to inform road users of a series of disruptions planned over the coming days.
Road users are encouraged to consult our website and follow us on Twitter @nouv_champlain. It is strongly suggested that drivers check the MTQ website www.quebec511.info before setting out or follow on Twitter @Qc511_Mtl for information on all disruptions in the road network in Greater Montreal.
Friday, December 4
Closure of the left-hand lane of the Route 132 eastbound service road under the Champlain Bridge from 10:00 p.m. (Dec. 4) until 5:00 a.m. (Dec. 5). This closure will allow us to restore the existing lanes following completion of our previous work.
Saturday, December 5 / Sunday, December 6 / Monday, December 7
Nuns’ Island sector / Bonaventure expressway
- Closure of exit 58 of Highway 15 northbound to Highway 10 westbound from Saturday, December 5 at 12:01 a.m. to Monday, December 7 at 5:00 a.m. This work will enable The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI) to proceed with the final demobilization of the Bonaventure expressway and with the implementation of its new configuration. Users wishing to rejoin Highway 10 westbound should take exit 60.
- Closure of the left-hand lane of Highway 10 eastbound from exit 5 leading to Nuns’ Island from Saturday, December 5 at 12:01 a.m. to Monday, December 7 at 5:00 a.m.
Sunday, December 6
- Closure of the right-hand lane on the Champlain Bridge to the Route 132 on-ramp/off-ramp from 11:00 p.m. (Dec. 6) until 5:00 a.m. (Dec. 7). This work will involve camera maintenance.
– – –
/// Around us /// Bonaventure expressway – Major disruptions over the weekend
There will be major disruptions from Sunday, December 6 at 8:00 p.m. to Monday, December 7 at 5:00 a.m., as well as from Monday, December 7 at 8:00 p.m. to Tuesday, December 7 at 5:00 a.m., in order to proceed with the final demobilization of the expressway and the implementation of its configuration:
- Complete closure of the Bonaventure expressway leading to downtown Montreal, from exit 2 leading to Pierre-Dupuy Avenue. A detour via the local road network will be in place.
- Complete closure of the Bonaventure expressway leading to the Champlain Bridge from Notre-Dame Street to the Carrie-Derick entrance. Users of the Ville-Marie tunnel will be redirected to Highway 15. For users in downtown Montreal, a detour via the local road network will be in place.
- Closure of the access ramps from Chemin des Moulins (eastbound and westbound).
/// Around us /// Turcot Interchange in Montreal – Ramp closure
The Quebec Ministry of Transportation (MTQ) advises users that there will be a complete closure (daytime and nighttime) of the northbound ramp on Highway 15 leading to Highway 720 eastbound over the weekend of December 4, 2015. This closure is needed to carry out roadway repairs.
Weekend of December 4, 2015 (9:30 p.m. Friday to 5:00 a.m. Monday)
- Closure of the ramp on Highway 15 northbound leading to Highway 720 eastbound
Users are asked to take Highway 20 westbound to exit 67 – Rue Notre-Dame, boul. Angrignon – and to come back via Highway 20 eastbound to the Interchange.
These disruptions may be postponed due to inclement weather or operating constraints.