The installation of the 600 box-girders: a chapter that has come to an end
An important chapter in the history of the new Champlain Bridge construction is completed with the end of the box-girders installation of its approaches. Indeed, the conclusion of this work is also the end of an exciting adventure:
- Design of these parts in 2015
- Fabrication at CANAM and its subcontractors from February 2016 to June 2018
- Delivery on site from November 2016 to September 2018
- Installation at the West Approach : August 2017 to early October 2018
- Installation at the East Approach : January 2018 to September 2018
There are several teams to congratulate for this enormous achievement: engineers, welders, carriers, ironworkers, crane operators, maneuvers, boat captains and sailors, and many others. This progress shows without any doubts that the completion of the new Champlain Bridge is underway.