Electrical work in progress on the Samuel De Champlain bridge
Published on 1 March 2019
Electrical work is an aspect of the finishing work that is currently underway. Among these, we find the roadway lighting that has been going on for a few months and will be completed in time for the opening of the Samuel De Champlain Bridge.
Not always visible from the outside, the workers are very active, among other things, inside the box girders, on the deck and under the different structures. Electricians have no lack of work! Here is a short summary of what is currently ongoing and what needs to be done by the end of the project:
- Installation of electrical supply and distribution panels, generators, batteries, transformers, wiring
- Roadway lighting of the bridge and the corridor
- Architectural lighting of the bridge and main pylon
- Installation of sign gantries and traffic lights
- Installation of traffic cameras located throughout the bridge and corridor.
- Installation of the access control system.
In short, important work to shine a light on!