Operation, maintenance and rehabilitation
Signature on the Saint Lawrence (SSL) is responsible for the operation, maintenance and rehabilitation of the Samuel De Champlain Bridge corridor until October 31, 2049.
SSL deploys a team of patrollers, road workers and operators at its traffic management center to ensure the safe passage of 135,000 vehicles / day. SSL is responsible for:
- Supervision of the Samuel De Champlain Bridge corridor
- Operation of Intelligent Transport Systems
- Towing of damaged or broken-down vehicles
- Cleaning and collection of debris
- Snow removal from roads and bike paths
- Maintenance of functional lighting
- Architectural lighting
- Graffiti removal
- Mowing and maintenance of rights-of-way
- Collaboration with first responders and police services.
SSL is responsible for the maintenance and inspection of the infrastructures of the Samuel De Champlain Bridge:
- Structures and cable stay of the Samuel De Champlain Bridge
- Structures of the Île-des-Sœurs Bridge and secondary viaducts
- Crash barriers and impact attenuators
- Road signs
- Storm drainage system, retention basins and particle separators
- Road markings
- Paving and potholes
At the end of the term in 2049, the Samuel-De Champlain Bridge will be returned to Infrastructure Canada according to the strictest criteria in the industry.