Work in the Lasalle Boulevard area – Spring 2018
Signature on the St. Lawrence wishes to inform the residents of the area that his team is continuing work on the new overpass located north direction of the A15, over LaSalle Blvd. and D’Argenson Street. A significant level of activity is expected for the coming months.
Here are, briefly, the main activities:
1) Drilling and concreting of the piles for the new overpass until the end of April, from 7: 00 am to 7: 00 pm, 7 days a week.
2) Demolition of the former exit ramp of the A15 North during the month of April.
3) Installation of box girders in May (precise date to be confirmed).
To carry out the work safely, SSL must close until mid-April a lane under the overpass of LaSalle Boulevard and D’Argenson Street, between Butler and Gibbons. Traffic in both directions is maintained alternately, with the help of flagmen. For pedestrians, one sidewalk will always be open to allow residents to move safely. With respect to the installation of the box-girders for the new overpass, a complete closure of Lasalle Boulevard will be required for a weekend. When the date is known, it will be communicated
Noise is rigorously managed during the construction of the new Champlain Bridge Corridor Project. Signature on the St. Lawrence has the obligation to respect the noise criteria included in the Project Agreement with the Government of Canada. We perform regular noise monitoring to ensure compliance with these noise criteria during our work.
In your area, SSLC is allowed to work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, meeting the following criteria:
- From 7: 00 am to 7 : 00 pm : 75 dBA and less;
- From 7:00 pm to 10 : 00 pm: 65 dBA and less;
- From 10: 00 pm to 7:00 am: 64 dBA and less.
The results of our surveys are available online on our website at : http://www.newchamplain.ca/citizens-forum/ile-des-soeurs/works-and-impacts/