Complete closure of Gaétan-Laberge Boulevard in both the downtown and Verdun directions over the weekends of May 30 and June 5, 2020

Construction of the Réseau express métropolitain (REM)’s aerial structure continues in Pointe-Saint-Charles. The next step is the installation of the girders and superstructure over Gaétan-Laberge Boulevard.

The work will be carried out at the same time as other work planned by Signature on the Saint Lawrence on Gaétan-Laberge Boulevard and Île-des-Soeurs Boulevard. For more information, please refer to the website.

The concomitant work will cause several major traffic disruptions:

  • Traffic will be completely closed on Gaétan-Laberge Boulevard between  the off-ramp of Exit 4 of the Bonaventure Expressway and Gilberte-Dubé Street for two consecutive weekends:
    • Friday, May 29 (11:00 p.m.) to Monday, June 1 (5:00 a.m.)
    • Friday, June 5 (11:00 p.m.) to Monday, June 8 (5:00 a.m.)

  • At this time, it is recommended that alternative roads, such as Wellington Street, be used to travel to and from downtown and to access L’Île-des-Soeurs, whenever possible.


  • For safety purposes, Carrie-Derrick Street will also be closed after the Fernand-Séguin Street intersection. Those who work in the Marc-Cantin sector will be guided in by escorts and signallers.


  • Signage will be installed for proposed detour routes:
    • Westbound: detour will be via Bonaventure Expressway, Hwy-15 South, Hwy-132 toward Hwy-15 North, then Exit 61.
    • Eastbound, the detour will be via on-ramp 61 for Hwy-15 South, Hwy-132, Hwy-15 North, then exit 58 to the Bonaventure Expressway.


  • Pedestrians and cyclists will also have to follow a detour from Gilberte-Dubé to Gaétan-Laberge Boulevard and from Monseigneur-Richard school to Wellington Street.

  • Noise and dust will be generated by this work. Environmental experts will be monitoring noise and air quality to ensure all relevant criteria are met. Additional mitigation measures may be implemented as required.


*Dates subject to change. The disruption may be postponed to the weekend of June 12 depending on weather conditions