Turcot Project – Intensive work: four-day closures in the Hwy-15 corridor over the long weekend
The Ministère des Transports and Signature on the Saint Lawrence are informing road users that there will be major disruptions throughout the Hwy-15 corridor over the long weekend, from May 14 to 19. This sector should be avoided when possible. These disruptions are necessary to continue work on the bridge mast over the Lachine Canal.
Crews will take advantage of there being less traffic to make closures outside of the usual work hours. This will help speed up the work.
Road closures, Thursday, May 14, to Tuesday, May 19
Hwy-15 South – Thursday 10:30 p.m. – Tuesday 5 a.m.
- Closure of Hwy-15 South between the Turcot Interchange and the on-ramp from Avenue Atwater
- Closure of the Hwy-15 South on-ramp from Avenue Girouard
- Closure of the Turcot Interchange ramp from Hwy-15 South leading to Hwy-20 West
- Closure of the Turcot Interchange ramp from Hwy-20 East to Hwy-15 South
- Closure of the Hwy-15 North on-ramp from St. Jacques Street – Thursday 10:00 p.m. to Tuesday 5:00 a.m.
- Closure of Hwy-15 North between Exit 58 – Hwy-10 West, Montreal (downtown) and the Turcot Interchange – Friday 11:59 p.m. to Tuesday 5 a.m.
- Closure of the Turcot Interchange ramp from Hwy-20 East to Hwy-15 North – Thursday 10:30 p.m. to Tuesday 5 a.m.
- Closure of the Turcot Interchange ramp from Hwy-15 North to Hwy-20 West – Friday 11:59 p.m. to Tuesday 5 a.m.
- Closure of St. Patrick Street between De l’Église Avenue and Cabot Street – Thursday 10:00 p.m. to Tuesday 5:00 a.m.
- Closure of the Lachine Canal path by St. Patrick Street (on the south side). The path will remain open on Chemin de la Côte-Saint-Paul – Thursday 10:00 p.m. to Tuesday 5:00 a.m.
- Closure of Angers Street between Cabot and De Roberval Streets – Friday 10:00 p.m. to Tuesday 5:00 a.m.
Note that the Ministère des Transports will also be making major closures on Hwy-40 (Metropolitan) West during the long weekend.
Work may be delayed due to adverse weather conditions or operational constraints. Road users are encouraged to check the Turcot website or quebec511.info to find out more about scheduled closures.