Demolition of the existing median on Highway 15
As announced during the public information meeting held on September 14 for the citizens of Verdun and the Sud-Ouest, Signature on the Saint-Laurent (SSL) will begin working on Highway 15, between the Atwater Interchange and Wellington Street, next Saturday morning. SSL will be demolishing the existing median on Highway 15 to prepare for any future lane relocations required to widen this part of the highway. A removable median will be set up in its place. Operations will run from 7:00 a.m. on Saturday October 3 to 5:00 a.m. on Monday October 5. This work is being done during the A15 closures this weekend announced by The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated (JCCBI):
- Complete closure of the Champlain Bridge to South Shore–bound traffic
- Closure of Highway 15 South from the Turcot Interchange to Highway 132
- Access to Highway 15 South closed from the Turcot Interchange and Bonaventure Expressway
- Left lane closed on Highway 15 North
- Entrance to Highway 15 South at Gaétan-Laberge Boulevard open with a marked route to Nuns’ Island
This work may be delayed due to unfavourable weather conditions.
For more information, please refer to the JCCBI website: jccbi.ca.